Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Training Camp

It's Thanksgiving holiday.  And for skiers around America, that means training camp!  The UAA Ski Team traveled about 45 minutes to their annual Thanksgiving training base:  the Strabel's place and Hatcher Pass.  I didn't join the team, so I have no first hand knowledge of what went on there, but I did see the training plan and I know it included five days' worth of team bonding, ski testing, and lots of kilometers of skiing.  I've raided some of the athlete's Facebook pages to come up with a few appropriate photos for this blog entry:







(Thank you to Davis Dunlap and Andrew Kastning for the pictures.)

As for me, I went to Girdwood for Thanksgiving, where we found the ski touring to be better than I thought it would be:



No comments:

Post a Comment