Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Prince of All Media

There can only be one "King of All Media", and I guess Howard Stern has that title wrapped up.

During the last few years, Lasse has arguably been the King of All UAA Ski Team media, but his graduation has left an opening that Étienne Richard seems destined to fill. 

Over the weekend, I had a few errands I needed to take care of in the Matapédia region of Quebec. As I was driving around in my rental car, flipping through the stations, I suddenly heard a familiar voice, talking about life in Alaska and skiing for the UAA Ski Team:  
(Be sure to keep listening at the end, after Étienne hangs up the phone when the hosts think he's not listening and start describing him with words like "cute", "handsome", "charming", etc...)

Eventually, I needed to make a stop for gas and donuts and I picked up this month's issue of Graffici (where I get all my Eastern Provinces news) on the way out the gas station door. It didn't surprise me at all when I flipped to page 27 and found Étienne once again hogging the sports page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment