Thursday, June 21, 2012

It was a scorcher out there...

...Speaking of "scorched earth" - not only was today the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, in Alaska it was also one of the hottest.  I spent most of the day in Kodiak, where the thermometer almost exploded at 64 degrees F (17 degrees C).  I overheard someone in the grocery store saying they had been planning to mow their lawn this afternoon but it was waaayyyyyy too hot, so they would have to wait until it cools down in the evening.

When I landed in Anchorage this evening, it was even hotter - 69 F (20 C).  But despite the heat, I thought it was time to take a bike ride up the Vicious Verrier Rollerski Time Trial Course.  Among other things, my computer said I gained 930 feet (283 meters) over 4.6 miles (7.4 km). 






No comments:

Post a Comment