Monday, March 19, 2012

SoCal Cycling

As soon as we get 2.2 more inches of snow, Anchorage will set an all-time record for annual snowfall.  We've already gotten eleven feet of snow this winter, and it seems clear that without some kind of major meltdown in the next month or so, we're going to be skiing at Kincaid Park and Hillside until early May.  It seemed like a good time to go to southern California for a week of cycling "training camp" in Solvang, just north of Santa Barbara.  My first five days of cycling in 2012 equaled more than 30 hours in the saddle.  Although my ass was pretty sore after day two, I was feeling pretty good by day five.  These were, by far, my favorite five days of cycling, ever.

Now I'm ready for another couple more months of skiing.






No comments:

Post a Comment