Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Skiwolves Have A Man In Parliament!

A friend was telling me this morning that she was fed up with the current American political situation. She was upset and disgusted, and didn't want to think about it any more. What she was saying made a lot of sense to me, so I decided try to brighten my outlook by finding out what was going on in other countries' political systems. 

Image may contain: one or more people
Nils Kristen Sandtrøen, Sadie Bjornsen and Laura Rombach at Potter Marsh back in the day.

I started with Norway. I scoured their government records and pored over Norwegian legal jargon and voting records... and I started feeling better immediately. It just so happens that our former Seawolf teammate Nils Kristen Sandtrøen was elected to the Norwegian Parliament yesterday

Image result for Stortinget

The Stortinget in downtown Oslo. This will be Nils Kristen Sandtrøen's new office.

Nils Kristen is a member of the Arbeiderpartiet ("Worker's Party" in english).  I thought it was a pretty big deal recently when the people of Nils Kristen's hometown of Tynset elected him to be the deputy mayor of their city.  But they must have been pretty happy with his work, because now he's going to represent the state of Hedmark in the Stortinget. Of course, he'll have to give up the Deputy Mayor gig since he'll be spending all his time in Oslo now.

The Plenary Hall. Photo: Storting
Nothing against UAA classrooms, but this place looks somewhat more opulent.
So next time I go to Oslo, I'm going to strut around town like George Jefferson, and when people ask why I'm acting like I own the place, I'll tell them it's because I've got a friend in Parliament!

Image result for nils kristen sandtrøen
Congratulations, Nils Kristen, on your new job! 

2 comments:

  1. The George Jefferson comment literally made my coffee come out of my nose. LOL. Congrats to Nils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've got a video of that, send it to me and I'm sure I'll find a use for it on this blog. And then other people can have coffee come out of their noses too.

    ReplyDelete