Saturday, November 8, 2014

Snakes and Spiders

I was minding my own business, camping and riding my motorcycle across the desert mountains of Arizona and working my way toward Encinitas, California for some surfing with friends when I got an urgent call from the UAA Ski Team Blog’s home office in Anchorage.  It seems the UAA Alpine Team was headed to Colorado for an on-snow training camp, and we didn't have any interns available to cover the story for the blog. And just like that, I was ordered to get myself off the motorcycle and straight to the nearest airport to catch the first flight to Denver, where I will spend the next week embedded with the UAA Alpine Team to cover all the ins and outs of their training camp for you, our faithful reader.

And that is how I came to be here, on the top of the Las Vegas International Airport’s parking garage, writing this message to you as I wait for my flight to Denver.


The spiders are on the march. (read more here)

There is no other kind of camping as comfortable as desert camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment