Thursday, October 2, 2014

The VV TT

I used to organize a ski marathon.  But I didn't name the race after myself.  I named it after a walrus' penis. Until recently, I've never had any type of sporting event named after me. So I'm very proud to be able to say that there is now a rollerski race with my name on it.  Thanks, Andrew!

Yes, it's that time of year again. Time for the Vicious Verrier Time Trial. We start in east Anchorage and ski uphill for six or seven kilometers or so. I don't know how far it is. Andrew and Sara probably do. It's a pretty good fitness test, as it's pretty much all uphill, including some steep sections.  I rode it on my bike while the skiers were rollerskiing it, and I barely made it to the finish line.  But I did manage to get some video, and I've put it on this blog for your viewing pleasure.  I don't have time to sit around and do a bunch of fancy editing; I have a life to live.  So what you get is the raw video. The messy truth. Take it or leave it.

Vicious Verrier himself at the start line, trying to avoid frostbite. (Thanks to Etienne for loaning me his parka)
Pati

Kathi, Manon, David.

David, Kathi, Alex, Davis, Manon, Brandon.


Clement, Mackenzie, Etienne, Mario.

Mackenzie.

Mario, Kathi, Manon, Clement.

Davis.

Etienne.

Brandon, David, Davis, Clement, Mario & Pati.


Manon & Kathi.

Mackenzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment