Sunday, September 21, 2014

Water on the Lens

Is the Alaska Pacific University team the best ski club in the world?  I really don't know.  I'm a busy guy and I don't have time to start doing a bunch of research to answer that question.  But they've got Kikkan Randall, the best female sprinter in the world for the past three years.  Holly Brooks has been in and out of the World Cup red group in recent years.  Sadie Bjornsen has been scoring world cup points ever since she left the UAA Ski Team and went across the street to APU. I think I saw a list recently that had Sadie's little brother Erik (UAA Ski Team alumnus) listed as 68th on the World Cup list in distance points. Reese Hanneman won a national championship last year. And Eric Packer is no slouch... 

Maybe there's a club or two in Europe that have a group of faster skiers than APU has.  I don't know.  But that's not what matters.  What matters is that APU has fast skiers.  And UAA has fast skiers.  And we all got together a couple days ago for a rollerski time trial.  I won't bore you with results, but I will bore you with amateur video, which you can find at  THIS LINK . 

D got me a Gopro camera for my birthday.  I'm learning how to use it.  That'll be obvious in the video.  That's why it's called amateur video. Now go make me some popcorn!



No comments:

Post a Comment