Thursday, August 21, 2014

New Beginnings

Some people like to think the new year begins on January 1.  But I haven't felt that way for quite some time.  To my way of thinking, the new year starts right about now.

It's a new school year at UAA. Students are arriving on campus in preparation for the coming academic year. We have new UAA skiers arriving in Anchorage for the first time, and old ones returning for another year.

Preparation for the new school year takes many forms.  For example, Etienne's new used car is being scrupulously prepared for him to his exact specifications down at Arkansas Street Auto Works.



Don't worry about the lack of seats.  Etienne's car has the important stuff:  steering wheel, shifter, and hand brake. Comfort is irrelevant to a UAA Skier.

Head Coach Sparky is getting into the proper spirit of the season with his new license plate border declaring his love for cross-country skiing:

And everywhere I go in town, I see signs on businesses welcoming the Seawolf Ski Team back for another year of NCAA racing.  I snapped this picture as I was driving past a McDonalds this afternoon:

As for me, this is the time of year when I always get an irresistible urge to go camping in the Nevada desert, so there won't be any blog updates until I return from the wilderness in early September.  Happy training, Seawolves!

No comments:

Post a Comment