Monday, September 28, 2020

Three Days

It's been three days of hill climbing around here.  On Day 1, Toom invited me to come along and chase him around the Anchorage hillside on the bike. It was kind of rainy so we got wet and dirty.  I had a nice time, but all that biking made my legs pretty tired.

Here's Toom and his roommate's bike.

On Day 2, my legs still felt kind of tired, so I called up Martins Onskulis because I didn't think he'd make me go up a bunch of hills. But I was wrong. Martins wanted to go up Hatcher Pass.  I got kind of nervous until Martins suggested we ride motorcycles.  That made it easier. 


Here's Martins with two motorcycles and a cup of tea.

On Day 3, it was the first day that the coaches were allowed to join the athletes for Ski Team practice! We've been kept away until now due to the Coronavirus. Toom and I were pretty fired up to hang out with the team again.  This was the first team workout we've been able to do together since the first week of last March, in Montana! 

I meant to take this photo about two seconds earlier, but I'm still relearning how to use my little camera.
I meant to take this photo a few seconds earlier, but we all make mistakes sometimes.

Here's Tuva, Pascale, Helen & Tuva

Here's Toom. I think it's a good situation when the coach can keep up with (or ahead of) the athletes.

Espen. Covered in mud. Somebody should buy Espen some shoes that aren't so slippery.

The reigning Tour of Anchorage champion.

Here's Toomas with two Seawolves.

Starting now, Toom and I can get together with the team three days per week.  That's not as good as seven days, but a lot better than no days.

No comments:

Post a Comment