Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Relay Recon

Skippy, Tommy and The Von probably won't believe this (because they've only experienced one winter in Alaska and it was a no-snow disaster) but we're having a normal winter weather-wise. After the past couple of miserable winters, the past week has felt like being transported back in time to the good old days when it used to snow around here. It's been wonderful!

The UAA Ski Team returned from Montana this evening, and I bet they were psyched to see the snow when they landed at Anchorage International. I spent the afternoon in Girdwood, doing reconnaissance of next month's Seawolf RMISA race course. 

Kincaid Park

Kincaid

The Anchorage Hillside

Girdwood - site of next month's Seawolf college relay
The snow stake said there is 3.5 feet of snow.

I didn't know what was about to hit me...




I think some snow went down my collar.

Upper Moose Meadows in Girdwood

The meadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment