Monday, September 29, 2014

Duathlon

While Sara couldn't make it to practice on Saturday because she was invited to Utah for a big retirement party to celebrate the end of her US Biathlon Team racing career, the rest of us went to Eklutna Lake for a little duathlon action.
That's Sara holding a picture of herself in a bar in Utah with Max Cobb, President and CEO of US Biathlon.
Running long distances is hard work and it makes your legs real tired. I know this because I've gone for a lot of very long runs.  Rollerskiing for more than a few hours isn't so easy either. There's a lot of road vibration, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who starts getting sore elbows after a couple hours. We wanted to do a long distance workout today, and Andrew's prescription was to divide the workout into rollerskiing and running.  We started by rollerskiing uphill from the village of Eklutna to Eklutna Lake, where we switched out the rollerskis for the running shoes for a lakeside run.
The road to Eklutna is good for rollerskiing.

It's so good I took two pictures of it.

Smiley and The Graduate (Lucky Ebner).

Patricia

Kathi, Mackenzie and Pati.

I like this picture because it looks like I did a really lazy job of photoshopping Davis into it.  But he did that all on his own, in real time.  I don't know how or why.

It wasn't very windy at Eklutna Lake.

Yes, it was about training, not about being tourists.  But sometimes it doesn't hurt to stop 30 seconds for a photo.

Etienne, Mario, Manon, Davis.

Pati, Andrew and Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment