Wednesday, May 6, 2020

"Maybe I Had Too Much Wine and Cheese at Christmas"

Just like you, I'm on CV19 lockdown here at home.  Nothing to do all day; can't get out for adventures; running out of ways to occupy my time.  So lately I've been spending my days perusing the world's skiing publications and periodicals.  I had no idea there were so many!  Seems we here in the USA aren't the only ones who like ski racing.  I've been devoting one day to each country's skiing magazines.  Today: France.

Erik at the 2011 NCAA Championships in Stowe, Vermont

And look what I found! A full article dedicated to our friend and former Seawolf Erik Bjornsen's professional ski career!  

I'm sure you're well aware of Erik's recent decision to step away from the World Cup circuit and shift his focus in a new direction. It's pretty much the news of the week in American cross-country skiing. Faster Skier wrote a nice article about him a few days ago.

But the beauty of the internet is that it allows you to read articles from 'round the world.  So here's a chance to brush up on your French. Any article that starts with "Il est le plus francophone des fondeurs américains" when discussing Erik Bjornsen is mandatory reading material. In this article, Erik recalls the highlights and favorite memories from his World Cup skiing career. Read all about it here or just click on the picture below.  


ps. I've translated a little bit of the article for you in the title. For the rest of it, you're on your own. Don't read French yet?  Take a French class - they're offered pretty much everywhere.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment