Sunday, December 16, 2018

Government

We went ski racing this weekend, just up the street at Government Peak in Palmer.  I'd never been there before, but I'd heard good things. The race courses were tough and the intimate little start/finish area fits perfectly into a cozy little depression in the mountainside. And there was plenty of snow due to the storms that we've been getting this past week. I'm looking forward to my next ski trip to Government Peak! 

Here's what it looked like:

The Chugach Range in the background; Jenna in the foreground

Marte. Due to my missing the first race last year, and then Marte missing the rest of the season due to mononucleosis, this weekend was the first time I've seen her race.

Hannah
  
Anna

Hailey vs Skippy. Going head to head. Having left the UAA ski team this year for the national team, Hailey's scheduled to make her World Cup debut in January in Dresden, Germany so stay tuned.

Quail

Skippy

Anna

Jenna

Hannah

They gave Jenna a special prize for winning the U20 age category.  Congratulations, Jenna!

I was kind of impressed by this team van.  I was more impressed when Randall Von Winkelstein told me that the van was green before Team TOG acquired it and painted it white.

No comments:

Post a Comment